Our finance team will help you identify and utilize all available federal, state and local rebates, grants and tax credits.
Solar projects often qualify for a number of government incentives.
Potential subsidies include: rebates, tax credits, grants, Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs), and accelerated depreciation. In some cases the combination of Federal, State, and local subsidies can offset up to 70% of the total installed cost.
Rebate programs can be hard to navigate and application processes leave little room for error. As an additional benefit to you, ELIOS Project Finance Professionals will identify the available funds your solar power system is qualified for, and our rebate specialists will process, manage, and track your applications to payment.
In some cases depending on customer’s request, ELIOS Solar will reduce the cost of your solar power installation upfront and handle directly the project rebate so the customer will not have to deal or worry about it.
While some utility companies are currently offering great rebates, others have a waiting period are out of funding for the time being. We've put together some of the best rebates below. If your utility company is not listed below, click here to find the rebates offered.
|Utility/Municipality||Per Watt Rebate|
|SMUD (Sacramento Municipal Utility Dist.)|
|City of Lompoc||
|City of Riverside||
|Merced Irrigation District|
|Turlock Irrigation Dist.|
|Truckee Donner PUD|
|Anaheim Public Utilities||
|City of Palo Alto|
SUMMARY OF REBATES AND INCENTIVES
- California Solar Initiative applies to SDG&E, PGE and SCE customers and represents 68 percent of California's power usage.
- The remainder of the utility companies have wide ranging rebates and incentives worth checking out.
- Rebates and incentives generally diminish over time, so it's best to act quickly.
- Property tax exclusions are available.
- The 30 Percent Federal Tax credit can be combined with any California incentives (local or otherwise) to compensate for your solar investment.
- Net metering is offered in the state of California.
At ELIOS Solar, we know that purchasing, installing, and maintaining a solar power system can require a significant outlay of both capital and resources. That’s why we offer a unique set of integrated solar financing models for our customers.+
ELIOS Solar can help you obtain clean renewable energy without having to purchase a solar power system.
By financing your solar energy project with ELIOS Solar, you can:
- Free up capital for mission-critical projects and investments
- Focus resources on your most important initiatives
- Save time for your executive team and other key stakeholders
- Ensure continuity and manage risk effectively
- Avoid the cost of chasing technology
Financing you can depend on
We’ve secured funds to finance your solar power installations for customers with good credit and high energy bills. We’ve also established strategic partnerships with financial institutions that allow us to bring the latest solar financing options to customers looking to eliminate the upfront cost of installing solar.
A significant outlay of both capital and resources are needed to purchase, install, and maintain a solar power installation. That’s why ELIOS Solar offers the most efficient and proven solar financing packages to customers who want to go solar for no money down. Once the scope of your project is defined and any available rebates and incentives are identified, the Solar Finance Team will model various finance scenarios until the lowest price per kWh is identified.
What is a PPA?
Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) are long-term contracts to buy clean electricity at a predetermined rate. While the PPA provider absorbs the costs of design, construction, operation, and maintenance, the customers realize a lower utility bill immediately, as they purchase the clean solar electricity produced at a predetermined (below-the-grid) rate.
Attached to the local utility grid, a customer substitutes a portion of their traditional monthly electric bills with the bill for the solar energy. The PPA provider absorbs the available (if any) solar incentives and passes the savings on to the customer.
At ELIOS Solar, our PPAs are “complete” because we are both the PPA provider and the solar installer. Therefore, the interests of both the installer and the investor are aligned. That means our team will design, construct, and maintain the highest quality system, because it’s also our investment.
- Reduced utility bills – Lower electric bills from day 1 to year 20
- Protection from escalating energy rates – The history of electric rates from traditional grid operators has proven over the years that the cost of electricity will continue to increase faster than inflation due to pressure from global demand growth and environmental regulations. Locking in a low rate today will protect you tomorrow, and if prices rise as anticipated, your savings will increase
- No production or performance risks – The risk of a system performing less than projected falls on the investor.
- Carbon footprint reduction – On average, 1MW of DC solar power installed in North America will reduce approximately 1,750,000 lbs of CO2 annually
- No operation or maintenance expenses – Customers only purchase the energy produced, so all operation and maintenance is on ELIOS Solar.
- Available capital for critical investments – Saving money on operating costs allows you to preserve your capital to invest in core business opportunities
Typical PPA Terms:
- 20-Year contract
- Cash flow positive from the first year
- Fixed financial escalator of 2-3% per year
- Multiple buy out options at the end of the 20-yer contract
- Option to remove the system at the end of the contract
- Option to extend after the contract term has completed