A significant outlay of both capital and resources are needed to purchase, install, and maintain a solar power installation. That’s why ELIOS Solar offers the most efficient and proven solar financing packages to customers who want to go solar for no money down. Once the scope of your project is defined and any available rebates and incentives are identified, the Solar Finance Team will model various finance scenarios until the lowest price per kWh is identified.
What is a PPA?
Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) are long-term contracts to buy clean electricity at a predetermined rate. While the PPA provider absorbs the costs of design, construction, operation, and maintenance, the customers realize a lower utility bill immediately, as they purchase the clean solar electricity produced at a predetermined (below-the-grid) rate.
Attached to the local utility grid, a customer substitutes a portion of their traditional monthly electric bills with the bill for the solar energy. The PPA provider absorbs the available (if any) solar incentives and passes the savings on to the customer.
At ELIOS Solar, our PPAs are “complete” because we are both the PPA provider and the solar installer. Therefore, the interests of both the installer and the investor are aligned. That means our team will design, construct, and maintain the highest quality system, because it’s also our investment.
- Reduced utility bills – Lower electric bills from day 1 to year 20
- Protection from escalating energy rates – The history of electric rates from traditional grid operators has proven over the years that the cost of electricity will continue to increase faster than inflation due to pressure from global demand growth and environmental regulations. Locking in a low rate today will protect you tomorrow, and if prices rise as anticipated, your savings will increase
- No production or performance risks – The risk of a system performing less than projected falls on the investor.
- Carbon footprint reduction – On average, 1MW of DC solar power installed in North America will reduce approximately 1,750,000 lbs of CO2 annually
- No operation or maintenance expenses – Customers only purchase the energy produced, so all operation and maintenance is on ELIOS Solar.
- Available capital for critical investments – Saving money on operating costs allows you to preserve your capital to invest in core business opportunities
Typical PPA Terms:
- 20-Year contract
- Cash flow positive from the first year
- Fixed financial escalator of 2-3% per year
- Multiple buy out options at the end of the 20-yer contract
- Option to remove the system at the end of the contract
- Option to extend after the contract term has completed